Seven Ways to Save on Your Auto Insurance
If you’re looking for service and savings, you’ve come to the right place! At Nicholas Insurance, we’re always looking for ways to help our customers cut the cost of their insurance without compromising their coverage. And with Allstate’s innovative new discounts, we’re happy to show you how we can make your dollar go farther. Any of our fully licensed, experienced staff can review your policy to ensure that you’re getting all the discounts that you deserve. In the meantime, we’ve compiled a few helpful hints. Here are seven ways to save on your insurance–are you taking advantage of them all?
1) Choose higher deductibles. Consider using your insurance only for big accidents, not minor dings and dents. Not only will you keep your discounts, but you can lower your premium if you select a higher collision deductible for your vehicles. While a $500 collision deductible is generally standard, choosing a $750 or $1,000 deductible can offer significant savings.
2) Insure your home and car with the same company. Here at Nicholas Insurance, we offer multiple policy discounts of over 10% on your auto insurance (and 30% on your home). Even if you don’t own your home, renter’s insurance can provide the same savings.
3) Ensure that your mileage to and from work is accurate on your policy. If you’ve moved or started a job closer to home (or you’ve retired or cut back your hours), you could be paying too much. Policies are rated according to the amount of risk that you’re encountering–so, if you’re on the road less, you could save more.
4) Coordinate your medical coverage. There’s no need to pay twice! Ask your agent to review your medical coverage. Although many choose higher limits, Pennsylvania requires only $5,000 in medical coverage on your auto policy. If you have health insurance, that may be all you need.
5) Remove collision coverage from your older vehicles. If you’re paying for collision coverage on an older vehicle with low market value, there’s a chance that you’re over-insured. If the premium that you’re paying quickly exceeds the amount you would receive in a loss, it’s probably not worth the cost. Check Kelly Blue Book at kbb.com for the current value of your vehicle.
6) Pay your premium in full at each six-month renewal. You’ll save on monthly installment fees and take advantage of our pay-in-full discount–up to six percent off your premium!
7) Have your payments automatically deducted from your bank account. If you agree to have your premium deducted from a checking or saving account, Allstate offers a discount of up to five percent, along with a reduction in monthly installment fees.
And there’s more! Contact us at (717)764-2024 or (717)755-5858 to start saving today.