Prepare for extremely cold weather every winter — it’s always a possibility. There are steps you can take in advance for greater wintertime safety in your home and in your car.
You can avoid many dangerous winter travel problems by planning ahead. Have maintenance service on your vehicle as frequently as the manufacturer recommended schedule.
In addition, every fall:
- Have the radiator system serviced, or check the antifreeze level yourself with an antifreeze tester. Add antifreeze, as needed.
- Replace windshield-wiper fluid with a wintertime mixture to minimize freezing in the lines.
- Replace any worn tires, and check the air pressure in the tires.
During the winter, be careful to keep the gas tank near full in order to help avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines.
Keep your car fueled and in good working order. Be sure to check the following:
- Brake fluid
- Tires (for both air pressure as well as wear)
- Windshield wiper fluid (wintertime mixture)
- Emergency flashers
The Nicholas Insurance Agency, led by Greg Nicholas, is a family owned business serving the York county, Pennsylvania region. In the insurance business since 1981, Greg Nicholas helps families, businesses and individuals understand the value of different insurance products and make wise decisions when selecting the best insurance products for their specific situations.
Offering exclusively Allstate insurance products, the Nicholas Agency provides auto, homeowners, rental and landlord insurance as well as life & disability, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and personal liability insurance.
For more information, visit our two York, PA locations at Westgate Plaza or Northeast Shopping Center, visit our website at nicholasins.com, or call us at (717) 764-2024.